Parts required

Wayne

Parts required

Post by Wayne »

Hi allImage ImageAs can be seen from the above photos, my 88 works Rc bike is coming along however I would like to finish it for next year for the rotary racers 25th birtday, since the photo above the clutch leaver, temp gauges, 88 race ignition, balanced lightened engine internals, gear leaver have been located, (thanks Richard and Graham, Stuart at Spondon) Engine tuning has stared. However I need to locate and preferably purchase the following87/88/early 89 seat could be either red/silver/blue or JPS coloursFaring 87 or 88 could be either red/silver/blue in 89 some were painted in JPS coloursDymag rear wheelAny air cooled race engine parts housings, end plates ect, any condition even scrapGibson exhaust systemRace Reve counterOil tankIntake tubesIntake boxExtractor to intermediate plate adaptorSee the RC588 1988 red silver blue bike and in early JPS guise in 89Image ImageCurrently there are only two other air cooled bikes left, both 87 bikes, the remaining 88 bikes were converted and modified to Rcw spec of either 89/90. Some how my bike was disassembled and reappeared at a fabricator who did race shop and production work 22 years later. If you have any of the parts listed above or any not listed, no matter how small I would like to hear from you. If you are unsure and think you may have something send me a pic, I have three ex race shop people who provide technical advice and Richard of course.If you can help please Pm me or give me a ring on 01924 452329Regards Wayne
ZFD

Re: Parts required

Post by ZFD »

We used to have the early fairing bits left over from our first season with P55 0001. I think we sold them in Rugeley at the Norton Motors Ltd clearout, so they must be about in the ROC. If not, I will ask Pete if they are in our stores near Birmingham still.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi joif the faring below is the one you meen i bought it, its a 1989 rcw588 jps faringImageRegards Wayne
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

Yes, that is the one. I don't think we had another one. This was used- or was to be used, I forget, it is 20 years ago now (!)- to make more fairings. I know we had several seats, but those were of the later type. I think the next season we used the later fairing/seat combination.Joe
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi alli have obtained a few more bits, see picture below, and a few not shown, ported housings, race ignition, situe race taco, i still require a Gibson exhaust, front faring bracket/clock mount, 88 89 air coold faring and seat unit, 36mm induction tubes(od 38mm), Faring brackets and any thing ells not in the pictureImageRegards Wayne