Norton F1 for sale

rogerdodger

Norton F1 for sale

Post by rogerdodger »

I see there's a Norton F1 for sale southern England 5200 miles, 25000 Euros has the world gone mad?
Interpol2471

Re: Norton F1 for sale

Post by Interpol2471 »

Crumbs that's cheap, where did you see that? red face
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

There is an IP2 on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1986-NORTON-WHITE ... 2560833875 but it has a smeared engine cry
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

I get e-mails if any nortons come up for sale and the F1 came through today mine is insured for £14,000 if thats the going rate will have to get it revalued
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi allI asked nick jefferys, in his capacity as auchoner and insurance valuer what my f1 was worth in december 2010 12k to 15k £, maximum, beware, just because its advertsed at x dose not mean they are worth that or sell for that. any one insured with footman james on there agreed policy read the small print so you end up disapointed. also final price on ebay is no proof of final price unless your the actual buyer.classic bike special stated 20k for f1 sport mint, also 3k for a mint T160. if any one can tell me whers there 13 t160s in mint condition at 3k i will sell them both my f1 sports for a bargan price of 38k? and in the real world.Back when f1s were new far too many people bought them as an investment a tag they have never realy shook off, i was told at the factory in 92 aproximatly 30 of us were riding them, at least the people who bought sports bought them to ride and in the end these were the real investments at 8 to 9k new. Regards Wayne
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

forgot to sayby the way my blue f1 sport i bought last year was originally was also for sale on line at 25000 euros, if any one thought a Yorkshire man paid that, go look out of the window you will see a dozen pigs fling past, honest. Regards Wayne
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

Well I must be 1 of the 30 then although mine is 20 yeqars old now there is a modest 14,000 miles on it as most of the time I work away so overall not a bad mileage
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi RogerI was not the original owner, he lost at least £5500 i bought it from Jefferies in 92 with 6oo miles on the clock for £7250, John Williams grated me with welcome to the development team when i met him in late 92. For me the f1 has about doubled its money and i have had the joy of riding it. If its worth 8k or 30k it don’t matter to me, the value is only apparent if a its nicked or b written off and I have to buy another.Regards Wayne
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

Exactly, I have no intension of sell mine (my son wouldn't let me anyway), I do have great pleasure in riding it. Just pulling back the blankets and looking at it gives my immense pleasure knowing its mineRoger
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

or even selling?
DODGY DEN

Post by DODGY DEN »

What are the F1 really worth ???I have had mine 19 years and still enjoy it even with it"s self inflicted problems.With 26000 miles on the clock it is running really well even if it is running a littlewarm after the carburetter mod.I am looking to sort that out shortly.What is it worth,do not really know,but it has been well kept and run very frequently.Bought a house at the same time,managed to get an aditional £7500 off the priceand the value of my endowment went down in stead of up,rubbish.The value of the bike has outstripped my endowment and the money I saved on the house paidfor the bike.!!!Lucky or what.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

I bought the one I had for £,8000 from a manx millionaire who couldn`t get it started. It had had two engine rebuilds in 7,000 miles. I ran it for 1500 miles & then I had the engine rebuilt at the factory at a cost of £1,600 including moly treatment. Over four years I put another 2.5k. on the clock & sold it to a guy in Kent for £9,600 as I didn`t like it much except to look at & it took up an amazing amount of room in the garage. The exhausts make them so wide. I could put two bikes where the F.1. stood.Also the turning circle is a joke. When filming for the Duke video I had to turn round 4 times on the Peel coast road to do the shooting & the 1st. time they thought I had crashed it took me so long to turn round & come back. It was a 12 point turn.I only had two enquiries for it in 3 months. The guy that bought it & women who wanted it because of the low seat height. This was pre Ebay.So in the time I had it I didn`t suffer any depreciation & didn`t lose any money on it.Around 1994 I saw one for sale for £3,600.I haven`t seen or heard of mine since I sold it.Registration was H439 AUE if anyone knows of it that would be interesting.Derek.
Geoff2

Post by Geoff2 »

Dell Boy wrote:I haven`t seen or heard of mine since I sold it.Registration was H439 AUE if anyone knows of it that would be interesting.Derek.
Time to resurrect an ancient thread...I've found your old bike on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270977767675? ... 1952.l2649 I'm interested in getting an F1, but by the sound of things, yours might have been a 'Friday Afternoon' build, so I'm reluctant to pay that kind of money for it!