Hydraulic Clutch Conversion

mick695

Hydraulic Clutch Conversion

Post by mick695 »

Evening All

I'm toying with the idea of converting my bike back to a cable operated clutch from the current hydraulic setup fitted with when I bought the bike.

Andover Norton have all the parts I need except for the item numbered 19 in the attached drawing.

Just wondering if anyone has this part laying around as a spare that they may want to sell.

Cheers

Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Interpol2471

Re: Hydraulic Clutch Conversion

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Mick I now work for Norton Motors I am digging up parts every day I will see if we have some
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
mick695

Post by mick695 »

Thanks for the reply.... If you can find one that would be great. Drop me a line if you do....

Cheers

Mick
draxdave

Post by draxdave »

May I ask why you are going "the other way" and might the hydraulic bits be for sale at some point. I fitted a Hyd conversion and thought that it was better than the cable set-up ?
mick695

Post by mick695 »

Hi Dave

I'm not sure where the hydraulic unit came from on my bike, a previous owner appears to have machined up the slave cylinder and fittings. He made a good job of it, but I find that after a couple of hours riding or a weekend away with the bike the clutch operation becomes very heavy ... Plus there is always the fear of something going wrong with non-standard parts that might prove difficult to repair.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the cable set up, as I've never had a rotary with a cable operated clutch... of course, if I can't get all of the parts required I'll not be able to revert back to cable operation smiley

Cheers
Mick
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

When I still had my Classic, I tried operating the clutch leaver on a couple of Commanders that had the hydraulic conversion fitted, and couldn't feel any difference from the cable operation on my bike(quite heavy)J.B.