New Nortons !

Steve Gee

New Nortons !

Post by Steve Gee »

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... ons-found/Well not quite new, but 11 crated up 850 commandos, thought it was MCNs April 1st joke, but followed the link to the auction room and it seems genuine ! I think I'd rather have one of these than the new offerings, at least there'll be a pillion seat for the Mrs.
rustynuts

Re: New Nortons !

Post by rustynuts »

Legend has it that there are lots of crated up Harley 45s and Willys Jeeps buried on the air field near me. Supposidly the Americans buried them rather than take them home at the end of WW2. I thought about going out at night with a shovel, but there's a large area to search, and apparantly the pits are very deep.
gripper

Post by gripper »

Is that Brize Norton? I heard that story when I was based there. The Belgian hoard of new Nortons and a spaceframe JPN can be viewed if you visit the NOC website,go to "messages" and then "Commando" then follow the link to a Dutch auction site. Be interesting to know what the Commandos fetch. There's a nice Rob North framed T160 as well.
Steve Gee

Post by Steve Gee »

33 1 MotorcycleNorton, P55B, year built 1992, Motorcycle, chassis: 50348, km-stand op teller: 86 km (zonder motor!) I just downloaded the auction catalogue, lot 33 might interest some people here.
Steve Gee

Post by Steve Gee »

I've got a feeling that "zonder motor" translates to without motor ! still, it might appeal to someone.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

am i corect in thinking thers an orction preimim of 17 % on top of the final sale price, and at customs the uk tax people can ad vat on to the whole lotRegards wayne
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

What people forget is that their bid commands an added premium for the auctoneer (17%) plus Value Added Tax (21%), so if you bid, say, 1.000 Euros you pay in fact 1.4157 Euros, i.e. nearly another 50%.