Where was I ?

Richard Negus

Re: Where was I ?

Post by Richard Negus »

Interpol2471 wrote:Oh Rustynuts I think you are closer than you think unless that was a bit of a clever line wink
I took it as another clue.In comparison, Kia Sedona is an unimpressive car ; NOC had a rally at KL a few years ago ; but Bulgaria ??And has Nick really crossed all these ?R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Well they are all called Devils Bridge if that is the clue then lol
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I know the one in Arizona is called Devils Bridge and the one in England is in Cumbria but I have not been to Bulgaria this week.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Is it something to do with the stone from which they're made?DC
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Well the clue from TRL was 'its all in the name'????
TRL

Post by TRL »

Interpol2471 wrote:I know the one in Arizona is called Devils Bridge and the one in England is in Cumbria but I have not been to Bulgaria this week.
You are correct Interpol2471 and I am not sure if rustynuts got there first and was just being cryptic.They are all called Devils Bridge, and the Devils Bridge in Wales consists of three bridges, one above the other.and yes, Richard the one in Arizona is near Sedona.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TRL

Post by TRL »

The Bulgarian one at Ardino was a late substitute for one of my own photos which I could not find, and no I haven't been to Bulgaria. If you googled the question then Devils Bridge in Wales was the first answer followed later by the three bridges at Conwy.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I've been to that one as well Very Happy I remember it well as I had a bit of an accident on my VF750SC when visiting there which included sliding up onto the petrol tank in my wet waterproofs under heavy braking and ending up with the handle bars jammed in my privates trying to balance the bike before of course falling off in the car park in front of everyone red face
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys, This bridge looks very much like the one in a university town(which for the life of me I can't remember) in northern Spain about 150miles west of Santander?
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

ooops! I had'nt scrolled down far enough,J.B.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Yes, I did put that up as a clue to give someone else a chance. After all I am now full of coconut and rapidly running out of bridge photos, unless it is time to change the subject matter.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

As no one else has replied yet, I shall step into the breech with my final bridge photo. It's not a particularly good photo of it, as it is so big you would need to take to the sea or the air to be able to view it all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Vasco de Gama bridge Lisbon? Derek.
TRL

Post by TRL »

storebaelt bridge?
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Coconut to TRL. I wouldn't recommend crossing this bridge on two wheels in a force 9, as I once did. 6.7km seems endless at 20mph, fighting the gusts to stop yourself drifting into the next lane.
TRL

Post by TRL »

Ok an unusual view of a familiar place, well familiar to me anyway. You may notice the butterflies apparently feeding off the tree if you look close.
117-1763_IMG.JPG
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Its not Cadwell Park is it where the paddock slip road joins just in front of the club house?
TRL

Post by TRL »

Interpol2471 wrote:Its not Cadwell Park is it where the paddock slip road joins just in front of the club house?
No, but you are on the right lines. ;-)
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Would all the wood in the picture be a clue? Could it be Goodwood?
TRL

Post by TRL »

rustynuts wrote:Would all the wood in the picture be a clue? Could it be Goodwood?
No, but it is a parkland circuit.Interpol2471 was on the right tack if not the right track.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Ok then next guess Oulton Park red face but mm what part...
TRL

Post by TRL »

Interpol2471 wrote:Ok then next guess Oulton Park red face but mm what part...
Give that man a coconut.It is Oulton Park and smiley is it where the paddock slip road joins the circuit at Old Hall and also the old pit return road ran back up to the pits against the flow of the circuit.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

A quick interlude with a different game. It's called "What is wrong with this motorcycle". Link to picture below:http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/downlo ... =1280x1024
TRL

Post by TRL »

rustynuts wrote:A quick interlude with a different game. It's called "What is wrong with this motorcycle". Link to picture below:http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/downlo ... =1280x1024
It isn't a rotary?
Richard Negus

Notarotary

Post by Richard Negus »

You mean, apart from the missing oil pipes and still no stand or mirrors, it's not a rotary ?
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Yes, obviously apart from not being a rotary. You won't see the problem now as those cunning people at Norton Motorcycles have just changed the phto for one of a modified bike, shortly after I posted the link. Fortunately I have found a link to the photo I was talking about here:http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa4/ ... urches.jpg
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Ah yes ! The one with the oil pipes, no stand or mirrors, and the self-servo front brake.
gripper

Post by gripper »

The extra long front brake pipes (designed to eat the oil cooler and front mudguard) seem to be a feature of Mr Garners products. I saw some footage of the rotary racer being tested by Mr Dunlop at the IOM and the front brake pipes were sticking out all over the place. Far enough to snag any passing motorist. couldn't see them getting through scrutineering.
TRL

Post by TRL »

The only difference I see between the two photos is the different front mudguard and brake pipes.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

TRL wrote:The only difference I see between the two photos is the different front mudguard and brake pipes.
You are so hot that you are almost as hot as an IP2 in a traffic jam in Calcutta.