all quiet on the Donnington front

rogerdodger

all quiet on the Donnington front

Post by rogerdodger »

sssshhhhhhh whats happening with the new rotary,and the commando, does anybody out there know??????????
Interpol2471

Re: all quiet on the Donnington front

Post by Interpol2471 »

I wouldn't hold your breath..... red face Come on Richard have you called yet wink
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

well i am hearing strange things are ahappening but don't like to comment in full until I get the full facts, and MCN are not aware?
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Sounds like word is spreading fast cry
Richard Negus

Re: all quiet on the Donington front

Post by Richard Negus »

quote="Interpol2471"I wouldn't hold your breath..... red face Come on Richard have you called yet You may think that, but of course I couldn't possibly say !I did, however, meet a man recently who was less than complimentary about the garlic operation. wink R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Re: all quiet on the Donington front

Post by Interpol2471 »

Richard Negus wrote:You may think that, but of course I couldn't possibly say !I did, however, meet a man recently who was less than complimentary about the garlic operation. wink R.
Haha Mr. Cryptic messages very clever cool
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

The Norton website says that they are now ready to produce the Commando and will look at a road rotor by 2010 ... really red face
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

200 orders for the Commando according to MCN today roll on the rotary
Richard Negus

Have a look at this

Post by Richard Negus »

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/ ... icle.html-Impressive photos on pages 2 and 3 of the production area. Tony looks a bit lonely though.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Looks like an empty shed to me I have more parts on my garage floor red face
Peterpinkbike

Post by Peterpinkbike »

Interpol2471 wrote:Looks like an empty shed to me I have more parts on my garage floor red face
You build rotaries then !We met a Triumph guy at Stafford show who was shure they now have 25 people there, some from Hinkley - old photos perhaps, or not the real factory.
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

Has Brian Crighton done a Lord Lucan?
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

The answer to the above two questions is yes wink Do you know how many weeks I wanted to say that, you heard it here first Brian has left Norton Racing as far as I have been informed.
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

So why hasn't MCN etc reported it? strange very strange
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Because they dont know yet I guess, this info came from a very good source so I believe it to be true but who knows ???
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Tony Squires is now stated as the Rotary expert at Norton and he can also clean up after Very Happy
Malc

Post by Malc »

To be fair, Tony does have very many years experiance on rotaries and is probably only following orders. I gather another guru was to be appointed to replace Brian.Reminds me of the comments in this weeks MCN where it is stated that HRC are happy to be poaching 2 of the Yamaha technicians, of course they cannot take any data with them but Honda hope they have good memories. Yamaha's Jerry Burgess (Rossi's crew chief) shrugges this off saying next year the data will be out of date and not relevent as new data is gathered in the race to stay ahead.Malc
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

No offence meant Malc about Tony but if I remember rightly when he left Norton Motors he formed his own cleaning company but please correct me if I am wrong red face Mind you why has there been so much secretcy over Brian leaving and nothing in MCN as said earlier by someone??
Malc

Post by Malc »

There is no secrecy over Brian leaving as it is in MCN this week and even a paragraph in Old Bike Fart.It would appear that Brian has been very diplomatic about it by supplying MCN with the minimum of statements.I am not surprised at the statement that Brian may make his own race bike.Stuart G is stated as saying that the problems were known with the present race bikes but that begs the question why did he not wait and sort the problems out.Could this be because the Commando project robbed the rotary side of cash so the needed components/conversions were not available?Stuart G also says that there will be a complete re-design of the rotary race bike for next years TT but there is no mention (unless I have missed it) of a rotary road bike. It would be a tall order to re-design, manufacture and test all components before next June.Again Stuart G says he is not bothered about cynics but I thought the idea of a manufacturer producing a winning race bike was to promote sales of road bikes and a cynic may think that any profit made out of producing and selling the Commando's would be swallowed up by the racing project unless there was a big sponsor.A cynic may also think how many times in Norton's recent past, has the owner of the company asked for money up front for bikes that are not yet produced let alone fully tested.Malc
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I think it may re-design from a Rotary race bike to a multi cylinder engine but who am I to say red face And how could any new road rotary surpass the IP2 Very Happy
rotaryart

Post by rotaryart »

When speaking with Stuart he suggest changes, so he has started them.Be interested to see how things will develop.Be interesting to see what Brian does next.
Regards\nGary\nRotaryArt & RoTechniks
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

Hi I e-mailed Norton motors (Stuart's Nortons) and they relied by saying he had left to pursue his own interests. Roger