Rack for a Classic

mickm

Rack for a Classic

Post by mickm »

Can anyone recommend a good rack to fit a Classic. Stainless is my first choice, but I am willing to look at others. Thanks Mick
Interpol2471

Re: Rack for a Classic

Post by Interpol2471 »

I had a one off set of bars made for my Silk by a chap who trades under Classic Racks he makes anything if you can give him the details etc.

He was very good and not too expensive either
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
mickm

Post by mickm »

Thanks ill look him up.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Many summers back when I decided to use my Classic for European Rallies and touring and needed a carrier to attach a Top Box to, nothing already manufactured came anywhere close evil,so I had to have one made up,I think maybe you may have to go down this route,also if you are doing serious mileage and carrying camping gear,(as I do )you may well have to use "Throw over Panniers" so while having the carrier for the Top Box made you may consider having the "Cradles" made for the Panniers also.
You may wish to use mine as a pattern? If so perhaps we can arrange something.I reside in Essex,where are you?rgds,J.B.
mickm

Post by mickm »

Thanks JB I'll not be putting a rack on for now. Ill just use my chuck overs. As I'll be riding solo that should be fine. It's only for long weekends and not camping.
PS I'm also an essex lad
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Mick,would you be the same "Mick" that used to work at Fords Experimental at Dunton?and also used to own a black Commander that you sold to Tim Harris(our illustrious chairman at the NOC)? and( if memory serves) you replaced the Commander with a Ducati ?J.B.
mickm

Post by mickm »

Hi JB yes that's me
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

HI Mick, I thought it may be you.Didn't you move out St Albans way when you retired? and that's why you no longer grace us with your presence at the Essex branch meetings?(always assuming you are still a member of the NOC)rgds,J.B.