About to fire up F1 Sport after 3 years lay up

John

About to fire up F1 Sport after 3 years lay up

Post by John »

Any good tips?I have got a brand new battery coming, will drain fuel and refill with fresh fuel, anything else I need to do to avoid problems?Lets hope she works ok, it's been kept in nice cosy storage anyway. I'm back in UK now for good so can finally use it which I'm looking forward to. Very Happy
graham

Re: About to fire up F1 Sport after 3 years lay up

Post by graham »

Take the plugs out and give it 5 to 10cc of Rotella DD, 2 stroke oil or whatever down each plug hole.Spin the engine for 10 to 20 seconds then refit the plugs.Remove the brass retainer nut from the oil pump cable (12mm spanner). Manually hold the oil pump cable on full whilst you attempt the initial start up / warm up.Hold the engine at 2000 to 3000 RPM and watch for a decent continuous cloud of oil smoke from both exhausts. If you oil a plug up so be it, it's a lot cheaper to replace than an endplate.Graham.
John

Post by John »

Many thanks graham, sounds like v good advice to me, I will make sure I do this before firing up.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I was always told to put a bit of redex in as it helps to soften any gum that is present but I guess anything helps on start up.Good luck.Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
wust588

Post by wust588 »

If it is very reluctant to fire it might be due to fuel having turned into toffee in the carb float bowls.You might just be lucky though.