Interpol starting .

nednortonrider

Interpol starting .

Post by nednortonrider »

I've got an irritating problem with a aircooled rotary Interpol. It runs very well BUT after stopping and turning the engine off (stopping for petrol , cuppa tea , or any other reason) there seems to be a 50/50 chance of it firing up on two rotors !!! It seems to be the r/h rotor not starting usually .Whip the plug out and there is signs of fuel but not wet and starting on the running rotor the plug is giving a good blue spark .Put the plug back in and it fires up on two and runs perfectly.
The bike is built as a café racer . Usually it attracts attention if I stop at a biker café and is embarrassing after singing the joys of a rotary engine to then have it start on one !!!! I don't go anywhere without a plug spanner !!! The ignition system is the "mini-mag" from Startright . Any suggestions very welcome .Cheers .Ned .
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: Interpol starting .

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Ned,

I suppose you have tried the obvious stuff like swapping plugs over to see if the problem then occurs on the other rotor?

David
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I suppose you have tried a new plug?or just swapped the plugs over? What sort of milage has the engine done?and has it been mollied? Is this a recent problem and is it getting worse?More info please wink,J.B.
nednortonrider

Post by nednortonrider »

Tried all the obvious ( swapping plugs ,leads ,caps, coils etc .) Engine moly'd and recently rebuilt by Startright. !!! This has me stumped .
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

As you say,you've tried all the obviuos.
Did you collect the engine from Graham and put it back in the frame yourself,and if you did,did you re-knew all the "O" Rings?and have you checked everything for tightness?('cos expanding just a nat's when hot could just be enough to drag in air wink I am speaking from experience evil )J.B.